This weekend I’m super excited to attend ASCD’s 69th Annual Conference and Exhibit Show. I can’t wait to hear Dan Pink, author of one of my all time books on motivation, Drive. And then? There’s Sir Ken Robinson, yes, the one who’s TED Talk “How School’s Kill Creativity” I’ve watched about 800 times. It’s going to be a great weekend of thinking, connecting, and reflecting. But another BIG part of the fun, besides the amazing learning at the conference, is the #ASCD14 Instagram for the first-ever InstaWalk at conference this year! I can’t wait to arrive in LA and start snapping pics, but until then, you’ll just have to check out the Scavenger Hunt previews below. The InstaWalk will serve as a virtual tour behind the scenes of conference, and participating is easy! All you need is an Instagram account (download Instagram through the app store on your mobile device) and you’re all set!
Wondering how YOU can participate in the InstaWalk? Here’s the lowdown…
- Each day, there will be a scavenger hunt of five photos to take related to conference. We’ll share the scavenger hunts first thing each morning on Instagram, so make sure you’re following @officialascd to see the prompts
- Find inspiration throughout #ASCD14 and snap your scavenger hunt photos. When you share your scavenger hunt photos on Instagram, make sure to add the hashtag #ASCD14InstaWalk to your photo captions. Adding the hashtag #ASCD14InstaWalk also ensures that other attendees will see your photos. Some lucky photographers using the hashtag may even have their photos re-grammed on ASCD’s Instagram account!
- Along with sharing your own photos on Instagram, search the other #ASCD14InstaWalk images (you can search the hashtag or simply click on the hashtag when it appears in a photo caption). You’ll find a community of other conference attendees joining in the game.
- If you’re enjoying a particular attendee’s photos, let them know! Comment on others’ photos and be sure to “like” their photos when you really do like them. Don’t be shy about finding new Instagram users to follow through the InstaWalk, either. This is a great way to expand your social network and make new friends.
- You can share your #ASCD14InstaWalk photos beyond Instagram as well. If you’re on Facebook, you can share photos on your own personal page or on the ASCD Facebook page. You can also share your Instagrams across other social media channels like Twitter or Google+.
- Finally, be creative, have fun, and don’t worry if you miss a photo. This is for fun, after all!
Below, you’ll find a sneak peek at the scavenger hunt prompts for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We’ll see you at the #ASCD14InstaWalk!